NetMAR has in store two large conferences.
The first is a research conference, to be held at the premises of the University of Cyprus, between 1 and 3 December 2022. The Call for Papers for the conference is now out. The conference will run under the thematic title ‘The Arts and Rituals of Pilgrimage’. Deadline for abstracts is 31 July 2022.
The conference will build on the invite-only research workshop, scheduled for earlier in the year, though papers are invited from those not attending the workshop as well.
The conference invites papers from scholars of all career levels that engage with questions and themes including but not limited to:
- The practice of pilgrimage and its place in medieval literature and visual arts
- Pilgrimage in literature and literature as pilgrimage
- Pilgrimage in painting/sculpture/music/rhetoric and/or performance
- The architecture of pilgrimage
- The communities of pilgrimage-goers and of pilgrimage sites
- Pilgrim routes
- The afterlives of pilgrimages
Please, read the full CFP here.
The second conference NetMAR is planning will be a networking conference and the final open action of the project. It will present the project results for a broader audience with the intention of broadening the NetMAR network. To this end, researchers, experts, cultural and business stakeholders will be invited to meet policy makers, national contact points and successful project coordinators and administrators. More details about this conference will be announced in due time.